Meaning can change the Purpose and Goal The word "YOGA"
This world is very well thinkable, because the practice of yoga lies in its pure meaning. If the meaning of a word is wrong then it also makes poor sense to understad.
“AS IT IS HAPPENING IN TODAY’S TIME”
If you want to talk or ask about Yoga and its practises to someone, who is new in this field. So what do you think; He/she would think about Yoga?
The person who does not have enough knowledge of Yoga but he/she Heard about it. So what idea do you think; Yoga will bring in his/her mind? by hearing the word “YOGA”.
Okay; let me explain you.
Chances are he/she will understand that you are talking about Asana or physical workout or maybe breathing. Have you ever think why it is like that?
Why is first impressions of Yoga Is- physical workout.
There is a simple meaning about it. The man who is new to Yoga got the same meaning of yoga from his surrounding and society. Perhaps he might have heard the same(yoga is physical work out) from the people around him who practice yoga. Chances are he probably might Heard.
- WOO “WE FELT AMAZING TODAY IN YOGA CLASS WHEN THE TEACHER TAUGHT US AN ADVANCED ASANA - SCORPION POSE”
- TODAY I DID HANDSTAND IN MY YOGA CLASS
- TODAY I HOLD MY BREATH UPTO ONE MINUTE IN YOGA CLASSES
- TODAY TEACHER TAUGHT US NEW WAY TO DO SPLITS AND IT WAS AMAZING FEELING.
when a new person constantly hears these kinds of words he/she begins to understand the meaning that - yoga is probably a physical workout way people do physical training or breath work to keep the body healthy. When the person gets to know that Yoga is probably practised for good physical health and then he/she thinks that yoga practises are only to keep the body healthy.
So it is very important to understand the true meaning of any word because after understanding the true meaning of word further process begins.
Now the question comes-
WHAT IS THE CORRECT MEANING OF YOGA?
Here you need to pay a little attention in order to understand the meaning of any word-
- First you need to understand that what language this word is written in, If you know the language the word is written in, Then.
- Secondly you need to know that language correctly if you want to know the meaning of the word correctly.
Knowledge of Sanskrit language is essential to understand the meaning of yoga and its practises.
Yoga has three meaning (derived from Sanskrit).
1- yuj samadho | yoga = samadhi.
2- yuj sanyame | yoga = Focus.
3- yujir yoge | yoga = Union.
- According to the first meaning where yoga means Samadhi - The absorption of an organism in its origin of life is YOGA.
- According to the second meaning of Yoga - Dhyana, Dharana and Samadhi of these three, being in the same group towards the one goal is YOGA.
- According to the third meaning of Yoga - where Yoga is is equal to union Souls union with the divine is Yoga
It means to sacrifice all of you together for achieving any higher spiritual goal is “YOGA”
These are the three meaning of yoga due to which different kinds of exercises of yoga have been created.
Now can you point out whether in any of these term of Yoga, physical health has been mentioned? Probably not!
Now if you would have understood the true meaning of Yoga then you would have known that which direction your practise should move. What ever the explanation of word Yoga have been explained by me this is the brief meaning of word YOGA.
I will make an effort to explain in details the meaning of yoga and its purpose in my coming blog.