GHAT SADHANA or GHATASTHA YOGA METHOD – OVERVIEW
Yoga Vidya School is excited to invite all the yoga practitioners, yoga enthusiasts and yoga teachers to embark on a transformative journey with the ancient yogic practices of Ghat Sadhana. This sadhana or yoga practice is focused on cleansing, purifying and strengthening the body through Hatha Yoga Asanas and Pranayama. Rooted in the ancient wisdom of Gheranda Samhita, Ghat Sadhana Yoga aims to enhance self-awareness, inner purity, and spiritual growth.
What is Ghat Sadhana or Ghat Sudhi Yoga?
Ghat Sadhana is a combination of two Sanskrit words -‘Ghat’ means ‘Mud or Earthen Pot’ and ‘Sadhana’ means ‘dedicated practice’.
This yoga practice is inspired by the principles laid out in the ancient yogic text – Gheranda Samhita.
Sage Maharishi Gheranda is a renowned yogi whosymbolizes the Human Body as ‘Ghat’ while explaining the true yogic path to his disciple King Chanda Kapali.
The other term ‘Ghat Shuddhi’ contains another Sanskrit word ‘Sudhhi’ which means ‘Purification’ and therefore ‘Ghat Suddhi’ directly translates as the Purification of human body. This practice aims at cleansing the yoga practitioners’ body – physically, mentally and energetically.
Ghat Sadhana Practice with Prashant J Yoga in Rishikesh, India
One of the most trusted and trending Yoga Teachers on YouTube/Internet and highly experienced teacher in India, PrashantJ Yoga has created and conceptualised this unique Yoga Course in India after in-depth research and dedication. Through this Ghat Sadhana Yoga practice, he is offering an opportunity to learn yoga as per age old yoga tradition, which are fading away in today’s modern world of Yoga.
This Ghat Sadhana holds great significance for all types of Yoga Practitioners and all levels – Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced Yoga. Whether yoga are entering into yoga first time or yoga are a regular yoga practitioner or maybe doing advanced yoga practices as well as teachings, this 21 days yoga course dives you deeper through a series of Yoga Asanas and various types of Pranayama.
Our well-researched crafted 21-days Ghat Sadhana Yoga Course emphasize on following aspects:
- Mastering Yoga Asanas: Learn to execute 32 primary Yoga Asanas with correct alignment and methodology, adapting the postures as per unique body types.
- Deep Analysis: Explore the techniques and the impact of each yoga pose on the body through detailed guidance and extensive analysis.
- Comprehensive Yoga Sequences: This 21 days yoga course in Rishikesh offers you a thorough understanding of various yoga asana sequences and transitions, uplifting your yoga practice in an effective way.
- Historical Insights: Delve into the significance of Asanas based on Upanishads and ancient Yogic Texts, understanding their historical context in deeper details.
- Body Awareness: Develop an acute awareness by understanding the signals that your body sends you during relaxation, and their influence on your overall health and well-being.
21 Days Ghat Sadhana during 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – Schedule
Experience a dynamic daily schedule with three distinct yoga classes during your Ghat Sadhana or Ghatastha Yoga Practice with PrashantJ Yoga:
- Morning Yoga Asana: Start your day with energetic Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga covering primary series. The sitting, standing, twisting, inversions and flow movements will awake your body and prepare it for deeper experiences.
- Morning Pranayama Sessons: After Yoga Asanas, Prashant Ji will dive your deeper into the intricacies of Pranayama, also known as Yogic Breathwork. These powerful pranayama techniques will make you more aware of your movements, allowing you to do these movements more smoothly as well as safely.
- Yoga Asana Adjustment, Alignment and Teaching Methodology: One of the most demanding sessions of PrashantjYoga because of his extreme expertise of this subject, these mid-day classes refine your asana and let you understand the correct alignment, the formation of Asana avoiding any kind of injury. These masterclasses are very helpful for those who want to become yoga teacher or are already working in the yoga or fitness industry. You will understand how to adapt poses for different body types understanding their strengths or weaknesses.
Join us in exploring the profound depths of this traditional yoga practice, and unlock the potential of your body, mind, and spirit.
What’s Included and Not Included
What Does Residential Yoga TTC Course Package Include ?
- 28 nights shared room accommodation with attached bathroom.
- 24x7 Filtered drinking water and hot water.
- Well-designed Course Material.
- Beautiful Bag and School T-shirt.
- Shat Kriyas or Yogic Cleansing Kit.
- Three nutritious organic meals per day, plus Indian Masala Chai for morning and evening.
- Cultural Trips and Excursions that include sunrise trek in Himalayas and visit to spiritual caves, ashrams, waterfalls and nearby villages.
- WiFi and Beautiful sitting area to study and spend quality Me-time
- On-call Doctor and Emergency Services.
What Is Not Included In This Residential Yoga TTC Course Package ?
- Additional Charges for Private Room - $200 USD.
- Additional Charges for Air-Conditioning Room - $150 USD.
- Additional Charges for Pick and Drop and for any taxi services.
*No Food & Accommodation
Yoga TTC - USD 1200
06 March 2024
27 March 202410 SPOT LEFT
Our Yoga Masters
Reviews and Feedback
"The liberty, the inside oneness and openess that I felt after Prashant's classes always fullfilled me. I could feel the energy rising as well as the expansion of my limits. It is with a deep work of precision, humor, gentleness and perseverance that he gives his class. Prashant allowed me to go deeper on my and others and open new pathways. He's on of those who inspire and stays next to you for time ahead. Thank Prashant to have align me in so many ways and brought me further on. See you soon"
"I believe Yoga Vidya School’s 200 hour yoga teacher training can change anybody's view on Yoga and its practice. The course teach you about real yogic lifestyle with its true meaning. The yoga teachers of this school have rich knowledge of all the aspects and principles of Yoga and goes deep into it to make it accessible to all level of students. Mantra and philosophy classes can give you a whole new energy. Another important factor that make this school the best, is its location away from the crowd of hotels and yoga schools of Rishikesh. The place is blessed with nature, making you feel like a real yoga retreat in jungle."
Frequently Asked Questions
Fees for Ghat Sadhana Course with PrashantJ Yoga is Rs. 21000 (Indian Citizens) and it USD 400 (International Citizens). Please note this fee is without accommodation and food.
The residential facility of Yoga Vidya School, including accommodation and meals are primarily reserved for students enrolled in our 200 hour and 300 Hour Yoga Techer Training. If there is any room left available after accommodating our yoga teacher training students, we would be more than happy to offer you room and food facility. The additional charge for room and food for 22 nights stay and 3 meals is Rs. 25,000 (Shared Room) and Rs. 35000 (private room). For International students it is USD 600 (Shared Room) and USD 900 (Private Room)
You can easily find numerous hotels and homestays close to our school in the Jonk Village, Swarg Ashram area of Rishikesh. But because Feb and March is high tourist season in Rishikesh, It is advised to book your room or stay in advance. For your food, you can grab healthy bites at local cafes located near our school in Rishikesh.
Why 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh is Most Valuable Offering?
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh is our signature yoga course with knowledgeful content to become all-round yoga practitioner or an inspiring yoga teacher. In our comprehensive 200-hour Yoga TTC, the Adjustment and Alignment course is included as a vital component. This extensive training is a 28-day immersive experience that not only deepens your practice with regular Ashtanga and Hatha asana sessions, but also enriches your knowledge through meditation, philosophy, pranayama, and mantras. Additionally, it includes practical teaching methodology to equip you with the skills to become an exceptional yoga teacher.This integrated approach ensures you receive a holistic education at an exceptional value.
The food at school is cooked at in-house kitchen with fresh ingredients, vegetables and fruits by our expert yogic chef.