Yogic Scriptures Study
There is one asana in hatha yoga which is based on gorakhnath known as 'GORAKSHASANA'.
Guru Gorakhnath was one of the nine saint of nath tradition which is called 'NAVNATHA'. He was a maha yogi who was born sanyasi. Guru Gorakhnath was the first hatha yogi who brought the hatha yoga secrets from the ancient time. The yoga had earlier been called gupta vidya ( the secret knowledge of enlighten) and no one could practise this as this vidya was very hard. Guru Gorakhnath modified this secret vidya in a simple form of practice so everyone could practice. The same form we are practising today with the different names. He wrote many text about yoga. His first text is goraksh samhita.
According to Gorakhnath there are 6 limbs of yoga which is called 'SHATHANG YOG'
Duration of the class: 45 minutes three days a week every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Donation: Rs.2000.00 ($50.00) per month
We will study the scripture called 'Gorakh Padhyti' ( the hatha yoga text) written by GURU GORAKSH NATH
What’s Included and Not Included
What Does This Yoga Course Package Include?
- 28 nights shared room accommodation with attached bathroom.
- 24x7 Filtered drinking water and hot water.
- Well-designed Course Material.
- Beautiful Bag and School T-shirt.
- Shat Kriyas or Yogic Cleansing Kit.
- Three nutritious organic meals per day, plus Indian Masala Chai for morning and evening.
- Cultural Trips and Excursions that include sunrise trek in Himalayas and visit to spiritual caves, ashrams, waterfalls and nearby villages.
- WiFi and Beautiful sitting area to study and spend quality Me-time
- On-call Doctor and Emergency Services.
What Is Not Included In This Yoga Package?
- Additional Charges for Private Room - $200 USD.
- Additional Charges for Air-Conditioning Room - $150 USD.
- Additional Charges for Pick and Drop and for any taxi services.
Our Yoga Masters
"The liberty, the inside oneness and openess that I felt after Prashant's classes always fullfilled me. I could feel the energy rising as well as the expansion of my limits. It is with a deep work of precision, humor, gentleness and perseverance that he gives his class. Prashant allowed me to go deeper on my and others and open new pathways. He's on of those who inspire and stays next to you for time ahead. Thank Prashant to have align me in so many ways and brought me further on. See you soon"
"I believe Yoga Vidya School’s 200 hour yoga teacher training can change anybody's view on Yoga and its practice. The course teach you about real yogic lifestyle with its true meaning. The yoga teachers of this school have rich knowledge of all the aspects and principles of Yoga and goes deep into it to make it accessible to all level of students. Mantra and philosophy classes can give you a whole new energy. Another important factor that make this school the best, is its location away from the crowd of hotels and yoga schools of Rishikesh. The place is blessed with nature, making you feel like a real yoga retreat in jungle."
Frequently Asked Questions
Gorakhnath is also known as Goraksnath and also known as Guru Gorakshnath. Guru Gorakhnath was a hindu saint in 11 century, he was the influential founder of nath tradition (which basically believes in Shiva or Shivism)
Guru Gorakhnath was the disciple of matsyendrnath who was also know as AVLOKITESHWAR (incarnation of Shiva) he was the first hatha yogi